I've got off to a good start - I'm posting on the 2nd of the month!
Tried to stay out and about today as I hate the getting back to normal after Christmas. Steve was back at work so it was just me and the little dog. He's starting up a new branch of Blue Pup - Blue Pup Car Washing Ltd - we'll see how it goes but I'm not holding my breath.
When I woke up this morning I heard a horrifying report on Radio 5 Live about the burned down church in Kenya. A mother had escaped the church with her three year old daughter. The 'guards' saw that they had escaped and went after them. They took the three year old from her mother and threw the little girl back into the burning church. It made me cry. How can people do such awful things? Right now there are people suffering the most unbelievable things and I thought today that Thomas needed some extra big hugs. We're very lucky to not have to go through things like that so whatever happens, I'll be grateful of that. I'll also look out to see if there's anything that can be done to help the people in Kenya. It makes you want to jump on a plane and help them - which is clearly rediculous, maybe there's something else that can be done.
I've done my calls today and booked an interview for Saturday morning. Got to get another couple in which is what I'd concentrate on tomorrow.
I think I'll take Thomas Dog out somewhere tomorrow - depending on the weather. We're supposed to get 4cm of snow by the morning so maybe some indoor activities would be best.
I made a yummy dinner tonight using the George Formby grill again. Reggae Reggae Sauce - need to make the chicken pieces smaller next time though as Curls recommended as it tends to go black on the outside and still be pink in the middle - boo-hoo. But very nice and tasty.
On the subject of knitting, I purchased a very sweet book today called 'Soft and Simple Knits for Little Ones' - there are some very cute things in there that should keep me going throughout 2008.
We're watching a program about Jack the Ripper now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment